Sunday 3 June 2012

My Most Favourite Bowl

 I love this bowl the most in my entire collections. The colours are very rich, complete with finest details and delicately shaped motifs of heavenly phoenix birds flying amongst the various spring flowers in vivid colours. The dark blue background has fine Chinese patterns in gold lines while all the motifs are embossed beautifully. This bowl stands at 4.5 inches with a diameter measuring at 9 inches.




The origin of this bowl is from China, believed to be a Qing Dynasty's production as I am unable to read the stamp beneath at this moment. However, I guessed the popularity of such colourful motifs could be the works of Tang Dynasty's period. It could be a replica made during the Qing Dynasty period as the evident details of the aged production is there.

3 comments:

  1. I like the different colours on the flower petals on the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it because it is too colourful and not really Chinese looking at all plus the surface are all embossed. The craftsmanship and hand painted details really fascinated me. It was really a lot of time and work just to produce this single bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the photo, I cannot tell that the surface are embossed. If I own this piece, I would sit for hours holding it, feeling the embossed surface and admiring the fine craftmanship, almost like being possessed by the spirit of this bowl.

      Delete