Saturday 2 June 2012

Qing Dynasty Plates

 These beautiful Qing Dynasty porcelain plates were made during the reign of China's Emperor Guangxu (Year 1875 - 1908). They were obtained from Taichung, Taiwan ROC.



This 7 inch diameter plate has the Chinese brush stroke painting of a young lady sitting by the rock admiring the Spring's flower blooms with a scenic mountain in the background.





This 7 inch diameter plate has the Chinese brush stroke painting of a bird perching by the branches of the Spring's Mei Hua flowers.




This 7 inch diameter plate has the Chinese brush stroke painting of an old man standing by the mountain's lake side. 



3 comments:

  1. These plates look so new but they are from the qing dynasty.I like the one with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the plates looked new and shiny as if it was never been used.
      I believed that they were all very old because an old hunched lady sold her odd pieces from her house at the market's open air outside. What I know is that this republic is very against selling fakes with its tough laws that has wiped out all the fake branded stuffs, Rolex and LV goods over the years. Moreover, nobody would produce such old designs on plates today in small quantities and we would never wanna buy them to use either. I got it for a song as the old lady just wanted to get rid of them. I almost bought her B/W original portrait print of a group of officers posing with Chiang Kai Shek. I gave it up after bargaining to my price when I realised the whole group have all passed away!!! Eeeeeeee...

      I have visited Taiwan many times before and quite familiar with their lovely culture & people.

      Delete
    2. Was the old lady angry with you for not buying the portrait after wasting her saliva?

      Delete