Monday 28 October 2013

Golden Dragon Teapots

I have this incomplete set of Golden Dragon Teapot that comes with milk pot, sugar container and half dozen assorted cake plates & saucers. I have lost all the beautiful teacups during some house moving process!



This set was "Made In Occupied Japan" which meant during the WW2 when Japanese army troops invaded China and S.E. Asia. Their designs had some popular Japanese motifs and embossed surfaces.



 This is the large teapot with the 2 Golden Dragons flying about gracefully.



The smaller teapot for fresh milk is at the front.




This double handled container is for serving sugar.

5 comments:

  1. So sad to hear that all the teacups are gone. what happened during the house moving process?

    You have done very well to keep the teapots in such good order. They look too formidable to be used as teapots. I would not dare to use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were originally kept in our Penang home before moving to KL. I could not even remember who gave them to me. I recall seeing many matching cups and saucers.

      Delete
    2. While moving, they got misplaced?

      Delete
  2. Hello, what's the estimate value of the teapot now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! So sad that you lost the teacups. These are very priceless. I have never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete